Monday, February 14, 2011

This Rut...

Why is it that it takes terrible things happening for us to realize how lucky and happy we are?  Not that anything terrible has happened to me, but tonight and this evening my  heart aches.  Really really hurts for someone very dear to me that is going through a really difficult situation.  I know deep down, I have faith, that everything will work out, but even said, the moments are still painful right?

I really wish that I could stop getting stuck in this rut of taking life for granted.  A rut, the symbolism is very powerful because it implies a deep track, something that has been worn over and over again.  I guess I need help making a new path, getting out of the rut (or habit) takes effort.  I am religious, and I know that many of you aren't.  My religion is a community that I am a part of, being part of a community means that I'm not alone.  I only have to ask for help and someone is always willing and wanting to help.    I am also fortunate to be a part of a mommy community. 

What do you have?  Who is a part of your village.  We were not meant to do this alone.  Sure you can dance through this life alone, but isn't dancing so much more fun with other people around you, who care for you, and can support you.  I want my life to be a party.  I want to be surrounded by community, fellowship,  support and most of all love.  So even though my heart is heavy tonight, and I don't typically celebrate Valentines Day.  I want you all to know that you are a part of my community/my village.   Thank you for your support, care and love.   I hope you will all continue to surround yourselves with communities that make you happy.  Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment