Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 31: My Heart Might Explode

I don't think I can ever explain the overwhelming feeling a mother can get when she sees her kids playing and working together as a team.  Today at Little Goober's before our friends arrived, the boys nearly had the whole indoor play gym to themselves.  When I saw Luke pushing Patrick up the giant steps, I nearly chocked on my mother's pride!  My heart swelled so much I thought I was having a heart attack, a good one!

So often I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the day to day busy life we lead that I forget to watch and really see.  Sure I supervise, referee, intercept, console and play.  But rarely do I see the fruits of my labour, my boys getting along, playing together and helping each other.  It is beautiful and nothing tangible that I can hold in my hands would ever give me such pure joy and happiness.  This is it!  They are the source of my happiness!  Sure they might also be the source of most of my stress but it is worth every second of that just to experience what I felt this morning at Little Goobers watching them.

Luke happily boosting Patrick up the step that is way taller than him.

Luke would have done this for 4 giant steps just so they could go down the slide together.


Smiling for the camera :)

Luke being a ham and Patrick trying to "save" him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment