Thursday, January 27, 2011

I have GOOD NEWS!!!!

No no... I'm not pregnant (yet), but I'm pretty happy about a few things.  First of all I've been mulling this over for the past 2 days and now I'm ready to disclose that ...

Happiness is....wanting less !

Second today I was asked to present 4 seminars on "healthy eating for family's and kids" (or stuff like that).  I was ready to do it for free, I try to convert everyone I meet to be healthier anyway, but I'll get paid!  Woohoo!  Who would have thought that my hobby and passion could actually get me some money?? I thought it was only what "those people" say when they do what they love and make a career out of it.  Well I guess it could work, my degree is Kin and I'm a teacher! I guess I figure I don't have a degree in nutrition so that is kicking my confidence, but conversely I do have 3 kids!!! So I know what it's like to feed your kids/family.  Even though I'm not an expert, I am a fanatic...  (Ok so at this point Mark is reading this and thinking.... wow this is a stream of conscious thought.

Getting to the third, and not last, GOOD news!  I drove 5 hours with my kids and no husband and it was awesome.  No technology needed (no ipod or dvd's) and the little monkey's didn't sleep (so no break for me).  We chatted, listened to loud music and counted!  It was great, I'm actually not being sarcastic, I was anticipating crying, whining, complaining and yelling.  But nothing, I think the kids were so excited to be going to visit my parents that they were on their best behaviour. (as an aside I'm drinking this tea my mom has Mohito - oooohhhh it's good)  We only stopped once and it was in/out no treats needed.  I'm proud of that! Because we walked into a Tim's and neither of my kids asked for anything.

And last but not least I treated myself to the Book : The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno and I can't wait to dig into it while up in the great white North.  My highlighter is begging to be gripped and used!!! lol ooh and the little yellow post-its.. hehehe... I love new books.  Remember when we were kids and we got to order scholastic books from those cheesy little fliers.  I used to poor endlessly over them till I picked just the right book.  And the excitement of not knowing when it was going to be handed to me.  Now I get to see my daughter do that.  It's so cute.  Like mother, like daughter. 

What a good day!  Anything good happen to anyone else.  Let's share... anything, good tea, good news, no traffic jams (which was also bonus), good workout, good book??? 

3 comments:

  1. We had a great XL Thick Crust, Double Cheese, Extra Sauce, pepperori, Mushroom and Greenpepper pizza.. it was really good.. :) a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hush...she's not supposed to know about the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen I'm so impressed you made your own pizza! The next time Mark and I make tomato sauce we'll have to invite you over so we can make a party of it :) lol

    ReplyDelete