Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken soup and lemons

From what I briefly read today being happy means, taking care of your own needs.  It's not like I've been beaten by this virus or even hit by the bus, but it is making it's nasty presence known.  Thankfully before I started to get the sniffles yesterday I made a batch of homemade chicken, wild rice and veggie soup.  The chicken carcass was a frozen leftover from my Christmas party.  I had made a beer butt chicken on the BBQ and seasoned it massively with lemons and cracked black pepper.  So my soup had a hint of lemon to it and it occurred to me that lemon contains the highest amount of vitamin C.  So for my meals today (lunch and diner) I added fresh lemon, and to the 3 cups of herbal tea I drank I added lemon juice and lemon zest.  I ate a few oranges and shortly I'm going to the gym.  If that doesn't work tomorrow, I'm going to sit in the sauna while eating whole cloves of garlic!!!!   I need to beat this thing.  As a mom the rule is we aren't allowed to get sick! Right???.... Come on, the expectation is there and what am I; selfish for wanting to take care of myself?   Not quite fair, but kind of how things are.  Ok ok so my elevator mood is kind of dismal at this point, in case you haven't noticed.  And when I get back from the gym I plan on eating another bowl of soup with lemon and more tea with lemon juice and zest, and going to bed!!!!  I don't care if the kitchen is a mess or the laundry needs to be folded and put away.  Ha ha... to bad.  In order to be happy I need to be healthy!   


PS.  Today I signed up for this website. I'll be reading tons of stuff about the Happiness Project and resources. And I can't wait for the happiness quote to get sent to my in box every day.  I'll have to share :)


Happiness Project

1 comment:

  1. http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2006/10/if_youre_in_the.html

    I need to learn how to link things in my posts. Sorry :( This is the Happiness Project page.

    ReplyDelete