Saturday, January 15, 2011

Reality Check

I had such high hopes for the day. The kids let me sleep in, well in a manner of speaking. They enjoyed the cupcakes (only making a partial disaster). I was excited to take Luke out shopping for his birthday gifts. Are you wondering what went wrong yet? Well nothing YET! We had a wonderful date together at Toys R Us. He got everything he wanted going in, and more. We picked up the cake from DQ and were on our way home. I was literally telling Luke how lucky he is... Insert bumper kissing concrete guard rail HERE...

Ok so that sucked. We are both fine, the car is a mess. So the way I see it, the car is no place to be happy, stupid snow covered roads need full attention. So OF course I faked happy with Luke till we got home. Then I vomited !!!

Is the universe against me being happy? I've tried to keep faking it but I feel like an ass. I don't suppose it will be real happiness when I finally sit down with my glass of wine tonight when the kids are sleeping and Mark and I are having our evening. So I guess the test of true happiness would be NOW. When the dust of financial catastrophe finally settles. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

  1. The way I see it is that you can't know happy without knowing a little sorrow. The bad times help us appreciate what is good in our lives. I'm so sorry you had an accident. I hope you are both OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch.. Glad your ok. Sounds like the car did its job and took the impact so you wouldn't have too :) be happy for that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. Time for a brand new car!!! Glad you're okay. Say Happy Birthday to Luke for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this and am crying. Financial disaster is where I'm at and I believe it has made me appreciate the things that matter most. I want to scoop you up and put bubble wrap on you. We love you so much. Remember your collateral will cover new car seats. :) Insurance is great use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. Mark doesn't want to use the insurance because we'll get dinged for it in the end. Plus we don't have collision. It was on the echo so old car but still we'll swallow the loss and buy a new car seat :) Luke and I are totally fine (I swear the concrete barrier laughed at how slow I was going, I didn't even stop driving. Just drove home. I am more annoyed that I'm still sick. I slept in till 2 today. (I don't think I've done that since I was a teen LOL) The kids are still sick but my super HERO husband is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cara...we couldn't see a sunset if there wasn't dust in the sky!

    I am so glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete