Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Today's GF Energy Bars...

Holy hanna, did I ever need energy today.  I made these bars last night, sometime around 11:30pm so that I would have a healthy snack to bring to my parents and tot's group this morning.  Little did I know that my youngest son would be up on and off till about 1:30am... so today was a really really long day.  I thought I would get a nap, but no, forces beyond my control would not allow said to happen.  I had to get a neighbour to watch the boys (while they were napping) so that I could go pick Annaliese up from school because she was feeling ill.  I got her home and tucked into bed, and about 20 minutes after she fell asleep Patrick was awake from his nap.   No rest for me today.  So anyway here are the directions for the energy bars.
You will hate me folks, but I didn't' measure sorry.  This is about 1/3 cup (I think) of brown rice syrup, two giant heaping tbsp of almond butter, a pretty big dash of pure vanilla extract, and about 1 tbsp of agave.  Heated just till it made a few bubbles.  (med heat)

From left to right on the cutting board: cranberries, dried cherries, apricots, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.  I added hemp hearts to the rice puffs and sprinkled chia seeds on top.

Ohhhhh everyone must get a SUPER DUPER SCOOPER!!!!  they rock!  (I'm just adding all these ingredients to the pot of syrup and then adding as much rice puffs as I can mix in while still getting them coated in the sauce). 

Press firmly into a dish that has been lightly sprayed with veg oil (or whatever)- probably not olive though, it would taste silly!
Refrigerate and then cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment