Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Top 5 Daily Essentials


I was watching the Dr. Oz show, because I was stuck in a dentist chair so I couldn't change the channel, and when I started watching they were up to 5 of 10 top daily essentials.  These were:

5: Get at least 7 hours of sleep
4: Have sex
3: Breath and stretch for 5 minutes
2: Eliminate simple sugars
1: Sit less and move more

Because I was curious about the other 5 I looked them up when I got home. 

10: Eat a hard boiled egg
9: Check your poop
8: Make vegetables half of every meal
7: Take half a multivitamin in the am and half in the pm
6: Supplement with a bone boosting cocktail (Vit D calcium, and Magnesium)

So I thought about it, I thought about what I do, what info I've read and how I've incorporated it into my life and here are My Top 5 Daily Essentials. 

5: Find out what you are deficient in and take it! (ex. Iron supplement, Vit D/Calcium, Multivitamin -as insurance)
4: I get sick when I don't get enough sleep (try to get uninterrupted sleep - I use ear plugs!)
3: Go to the gym (at least 3 times a week for an hour) and work your butt off for the hour! (and don't leave before the stretches!)
2: EAT CLEAN!!!  (Follow Tosca Reno's example and you will get more than enough lean protein, carbs and veggies)
1: Stay away from white poison! (refined sugar and sodium - they are always hiding in processed foods!!!)

I've placed these in this order because it's the order that I did things! I mastered 1, moved onto 2! Learned that 3 means I still go workout (just not 10-13 hours a week), 4 got easier as the baby got older and 5 was like fine tuning my machine to run more efficiently.  If I was to add a #6 it would be to live gluten free, you don't need to have an intolerance to benefit from going gluten free, try it for a few weeks and see how amazing you feel!

2 comments:

  1. 10. This one seems random, but I enjoy eggs.
    9. Oh yes, sometimes for hours.
    8. Yes. Wait, a potato is a vegetable right? Bread and cereal too, since flour is made from plants.
    7. This is proven to be BS. Studies say vitamins makes your urine coloured, and that's about it.
    6. I don't know if this is the same as vitamins, but I'm guessing Dr. OZ is getting a kickback from supplement companies.
    5. Always. Well, almost always. If it were up to me I'd do 10.
    4. This one interferes with number 5, I'll alternate nights.
    3. BOOOOOORRRRRRRIIINNNGGG
    2. Mmmmmmmn Cookies.
    1. I try, but my computer is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen you should email this to Dr. Oz :D I would die to read what his response would be... LOL

    ReplyDelete