Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 10: I made the choice to be happier today!!! But it took work!

I started the day off on the wrong foot.  I had an anxiety attack because I perceived the house as a pig sty and I also thought my husband was a slacker!  And yes I did tell everyone how unhappy I was with everything and what had to be done to fix it.  ha ha  Not a great way to approach a situation, I realize that now in retrospect.  However,  it is now almost 1:30 AM and I no longer think the house is a mess.  For literally the last 8 hours, with only a few breaks to nourish myself, I've been cleaning, organizing, sorting, dusting, vacuuming, storing in the garage and tediously rearranging my big food pantry (labeling and putting everything in clear glass jars).  I can pretty much be in any room of the house (except the play room in the basement) and feel like I have nothing to do, other than enjoy the moment and not worry about, dust, packing/sorting kids clothes that is too big or too small, cleaning and tidying.  It is a pretty good feeling.

So yes I did end the day very proactively, I've preped my house and myself so that I DO NOT have another anxiety attack in the morning.  Today I also took a run out the the Bulk Food Warehouse to get some of my household staples, chia seeds, hemp hearts, walnuts, sunflower seeds and oatmeal.  While Mark took the kids to the library I had a chance to make some "Chakra Bars".  This is a picture of the original one that I bought once at Goodness Me, I read the ingredients and so made up my own, because it was 4$ (expensive even in the realm of health food).  Here is my version!  I wrapped them individually in parchment paper and they will stay in the fridge! 


The ingredients For my Chakra Bars are:

Rice syrup (about 3-4 tbsp)
coconut oil (about 2 tbsp)
tahini (about 2 tbsp)
macha powder (2 tsp)
vital green (15 mls)
dried cranberries (a handful)
hemp hearts (about 1/2 cup)
sunflower and pumpkin seeds (a handful of each)
puffed millet and kamut (I just kept adding this by the handful and made sure I could get them fully covered in the green goo)

So I just melted the coconut oil in a pot on low heat, then added all the other ingredients (in the order listed).  I let it cool a bit then scooped it out of the pot and formed them in the parchment paper.  They do hold nicely together once they have had a chance to chill in the fridge.  My kids love them and call them rice crispy scares :)  But I ultimately made them as a special treat for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment