Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 19: Raw Start!

So I've only done this once before but the idea of blending oats in a smoothy is kind of neato, since it adds to the texture, plus gives me some of the whole grains I need to start my day off.   I made today's up to help me get over day 3 of stupid virus.  As I write this, something must have worked because even though I skipped the gym, I am feeling like I can conquer tomorrow.  My trainer called and canceled today, which I wasn't actually very upset about because I haven't had much real food over the weekend, so I thought it wise to recover one more day and giver tomorrow at Cross Fit.

I don't even think I mentioned this, last Thursday I was doing Crossfit pull ups.  The ones where they move their body (kind of like a fish) to pull up.  Still stupid hard, but I did a few and tons with assistance.  The assistance is a giant rubber band that goes around your knee and the pull up bar.   It's so cool.  But by golly my lats were sore till Sunday night! 


Breakfast easy-does- it Smoothy

1/3 c. GF oats
handful of Kale smooched in real tight
2 tsp chia seeds
1c frozen berries
1/4 of a frozen banana
1/2 tetra pack of Vita Coco
1 pack of liquid iron
1/2 lemon (juice and rind from 1/4)
water to fill

If my stomach wasn't so fussy I would have added hemp hearts to add protein.  But so far no can do!  For lunch though I had soup with protein.  Spicy tomato and gazpacho soup.  (I tried to make it tastes like the one I got from Kindfood, it's off a bit, still good though!)  - would it be wrong to call and ask for the ingredients?  not like I'd be asking for the recipe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment