Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 20: New Eats and New Moves



Today was a fun day.  We started out at Lil' Monkey's Indoor playground, then I put the kids to bed and had time to prepare a luxurious raw(ish) lunch for myself.  I've been reading about how the vitamins/minerals/enzymes are kept alive in raw food and am really fascinated by this concept, since I've been taking supplements anyway to boost my health and immune system.  So here is my lunch.

My raw(ish) salad included:


spinach and kale rubbed with olive oil
celery sticks
red peppers
asparugus
green onions
raw walnuts
pressed cottage cheese (very low fat/no salt/tons of protein)
drizzle of roasted sesame oil mixed with Kefir
parsley

Spicy Tomato and Garbanzo Soup (not all raw)

- with pressed cottage cheese and parsley

to make the soup I added all raw ingredients to the food processor and pureed till a smooth mixture
Ingredients:
1 can of garbanzo beans (chick pea)
2 cans of tomato paste
1 red onion
1 celery stalk
chili pepper
garlic powder (because I'm out of actual garlic)
cayenne pepper flakes
water

Today I did heat it up very quickly and on very low temp, but I could have also just added boiling water.

Ohhh this is soo cute!  My littlest chef is preparing yogourt a la GF craquelin :)


He was so focused, mon p'ti chef!

He is 20 months old...  chef in training :)


CROSSFIT  WORKOUT

Today I had to learn some new moves and for some reason my head and my body were not getting along.  The push jerk was causing me so much grief, I just kept trying to muscle my way through it but it involves proper technique.  Here is a short video showing what it is: in case you want to try it!  I can actually do it much better when I don't think about it!






And here is the the knee to elbow move we did in the WOD.  Yes it was as hard as it looks, but actually kind of fun.  When's the last time you got to monkey around?

Tonight's WOD was for score:

Three times:
Rowing on machine (amount of cals burned in 1 minute)
Knees to Elbow (amount done in 1 minute)
Push Press (amount done in 1 minute) - it's like the push jerk but less squat
1 minute rest

My score was 181 and second place was 160!  They call me the women's leader!  I'm not bragging but I do feel pretty darn good about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment