Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 17: Sick Day!

In light of all the reading  I have been doing, I decided to attempt to cure my virus (flu/cold like) by drinking and eating only raw fruits and veggies and tons and tons of water.  I haven't taken anything for it (unlike Mark who has taken a few different pills), but in Mark's defense he is putting the kids to bed while I barely have the energy to do much but type a few words. 

If my understanding is correct, my body needs proper nutrition in order to boost my immune system.  I am at a slight disadvantage because I had a cold last weekend.  So I've had a frozen berry, spinach, lemon and vita coconut water smoothy and a big bowl of spinach salad with onions, red peppers, green onion, celery and raw walnuts.  My tea has been herbal with lots of extra lemon.

I still feel like I've been run over by a bus, but if my body is also detoxifying at the same time as fighting the virus, it does make sense for me to feel like crap because all those toxins are  released into my blood stream and must be absorbed by my liver and kidney's and processed out of my body.  Hence the need for even more water!

No comments:

Post a Comment