Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pumpkin Bacon soup.

The stars of this dish...

Cooked up the bacon in pieces on the bottom of the pot, then took them out. Sauteed: 1 onion, 2 carrots, a big chunk of zucchini *seriously what else am I supposed to do with it.  Next I added the salt free broth, pumpkin puree and some water and let it boil for about 30 minutes.

I blended it with the hand-held and added the bacon back in.  At this point I tasted it and realized it needed a dash of garlic powder and some oregano.   I also added about a cup or so of milk to round out the edges and add a creamier taste.

The bread machine making buttermilk oatmeal bread.


A cup of my soup with some grated cheese on top.  My family chowed down on bread and soup for diner tonight. Ug,  I just noticed the oven mitts, I'm proud to say they have served me well for 10 years, but they should not be in my pictures like this!  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment