Monday, September 19, 2011

GF Pancake Sandwich & recipe for the pancakes

Yesterday I decided that I would make myself a full batch of GF pancakes.  I'll post my recipe below, in case you are looking for something different.  Needless to say I ended up with tons of leftovers, and really if you don't add the maple syrup, and pop it in the toaster, it's round bread slices!  So here is my lunch!  I used some lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, a slice of mozza and some hummus!  (the homemade stuff I made a while ago - black bean hummus mixed with a bit of leftover roasted red pepper hummus)

GFoatmeal pancakes

2 1/4 c buttermilk
1/4 c of water
1 1/2 c GF Rolled Oats (not instant)
1/4 c ground flax seed
1 c brown rice flour
1/4 c tapioca starch
1 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sap
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
2 tbsp veg oil

Pour the buttermilk and water over the oats and flax, mix and let sit, mix the rest of the dry in a separate bowl, mix the eggs and oil in a third bowl.  Combine and just mix the ingredients together, try not to over mix, it helps keep the pancakes fluffy!

Tip:  I add 1 cup of protein powder to this recipe and it still turns out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment