Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Don't have time to eat your salad... Drink it!

No excuses now... he he he...  If you are running out the door, or late for a meeting, or just don't feel like spending 15 minutes eating a salad... Here is your alternative!  Blend it and drink it.


I used garden greens, fresh mint, 1/2 frozen banana and some local strawberries (yes I've given up on getting much output out of my poor plants)

I beefed it up by adding my daily shot of liquid iron and coconut water. (oh and a few frozen raspberries since I had the space)

Yummm... So what if it's the colour of swamp water, it's super healthy and super tasty!  

And speaking of needing a fast diner, I needed to make super for my family and be out the door by 5pm, my daughter get's picked up at the bus stop at 4:30... You do the math... It has to be fast.  So I made an egg pizza!

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1/4 cup of egg whites
pasta sause
gratted mozza cheese
leftover chicken
asparagus (about 5 stalks)
1/4 of an onion

Directions;

Beat eggs and egg whites together. Add to oil covered cast iron pan, place on medium heat till the egg mixture is almost cooked through, then place under low broiler for about a minute (just until all egg is cooked), take the cast iron pan out and add "pizza toppings" as usual, then place under low temp broiler for about 5 minutes or until golden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment