Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm back and exhausted again! (and some pictures of our dip in Lake Ontario)

So I haven't posted in a few days, mostly because I've been on kid detail for the last couple of days while Mark is working 10 hour shifts.  By the end of the day I'm completely exhausted.  Thank goodness for today's rest day!  Mark took the kids to the school to water the garden and collect some loot for my juicer and I got to sleep in (sort of 8:30), then run some errands kid free.  I'm home now, the kids are napping and I've folded 2 baskets of laundry and emptied the dishwasher, time for a break!

I thought I would post some pictures of us from yesterday when we brought the kids to Coronation park, in Oakville, and took a dip in Lake Ontario.  Let me tell you it was FREEZING!!!  What is that? I could have floated ice cubes beside me and they wouldn't have melted, is that normal?  Well needless to say, my rule of only going out if I can park myself in some type of cool water was met, but I think it was more like freezing water.  I was barely in the water and even though it was something like 37 Celcius, I was frozen! 

The rest of the beach didn't have this green slime, but we figured it was smart to park under a tree.  The shade was awesome

Yup that was about it, I'm sitting in 2 inches (not even) of Lake Ontario water and I'm cold.  Not a feat easily accomplished in such crazy hot weather.

His hair isn't normally like that, I couldn't help but spike it!

The kids were fascinated by all the flat rocks, a very different beach compared to the one near us in Burlington.

In the background, my cold blooded daughter (do kids not feel the cold??) going up to her waist in the freezing water.

No comments:

Post a Comment