Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The camera is down!

My two year old is really really turning into a terrible two.  It's real, he's only been two for what 3 weeks and already he is getting into more trouble than he ever has.  This morning he grabbed the camera and while Mark was trying to get it back from him, he launched it and it broke, dead... no reviving my lovely canon.  Then tonight as well as last night he has decided that he doesn't want to sleep in the crib and so keeps climbing out, well unfortunately there is only one other bed in the room, Luke's toddler bed, which Patrick keeps trying to take over.  Poor Luke now gets relocated to the bottom bunk in Annaliese's room.  The other trick Patrick does since he can get out of bed, is wander around the upstairs in the middle of the night, twice last night: once at 11 and once at 1:30AM. He came to say "HI MAMAN" and "HUGGIES!!!!". Ugghhhh, I've decided that I don't have children in the middle of the night! The baby gate is going back on the hinges tonight!  The funny thing about that is that is will stop him from wandering in the middle of the night, but come morning, the two older kids will undoubtedly  show him how to drag the ottoman from the rocking chair close to the gate so he can climb over. 

I have to say that in the past I would have been worried about a 2 year old having free run of the house, however my daughter is very much the little mommy, so I have complete confidence that she will take on the roll of "bossy boots" and make sure the boys stay in line!  She's great :D  (and very much like me!) I'm sure this will eventually come back and bite me in the butt, however for now, it is working to my advantage

No comments:

Post a Comment