Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Turkey Chili and Chili Taco's!!!

It's all about saving time in the kitchen, I get it!  It's all about making food that takes no time, that is nutritious and that tastes good enough for toddlers (and husbands) to eat! One of my absolute favorites is chili.  Really you can make it anyway you want.  This time I had ground turkey in the fridge, some leftover bacon, oh and the rest of the halloween pumpkin (pre-cooked), and some cans of chick peas and beans.  I also had the spouted bean mix.  So here are the pics.

Ground turkey and mixing in pumpkin. I added alot of chili powder at this point (when you add the seasonings early they tend to soften up, so I also add some later in the cooking process)

... pretty much all the ingredients!

My absolute FAVORITE brand of canned beans... no salt added and BPA free lining of the can!!!  woot, the crushed tomatoes also have no salt added.

These carrots are still from our garden!!! seriously pretty awesome, and the bacon is low sodium (Kirkland brand from Costco)

After adding all the veggies, tomato sauce and canned beans, I added a can full of water and the dehydrated sprouted beans.

Sshhh my secret ingredient!  (I also add more chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and cumin)  Simmer for 30 minutes!

sooo good!
 Now the next day's meal took only about 5 minutes to prep. Actually it was ready even before the oven was fully pre-heated.   
Organic blue corn chips, chili, tomatoes, spinach and some mozza cheese.


Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment