Saturday, December 24, 2011

Baby steps... in the gym!

I thought I would let everyone know that I did make it to the gym this AM.  Saturday mornings are normally swimming lesson time so I never get to go.  However, I was late for combat...  Boo! someone changed the schedule and bumped combat up 30 minutes, but I got one hell of a burn while I was at it.  So because I lost part of my workout and had extra time I decided to give the weights a spin.

It's been a long long time since I've pushed any heavy weights (body pump uses weights, but lets be realistic here, they aren't heavy... because the focus is on endurance and strength).  Honestly I was nervous, it was like that "first time you put on your skates after the summer kind of nervous".  I knew logically that I could push weights around, but emotionally I was scared..." what if I get hurt? what if I can't do it as well as I remembered?w hat if I get hurt AND someone see's me messing up? how much weight to push? I bet I'm sooo much weaker now, this is embaring... I hope no one recognizes me"...  These are honestly some of my thoughts...  But...

I did it!   For 35 minutes I pushed around some "somewhat" heavy weights!  I was more or less testing the waters,  I felt good because I was nice and warm from combat.   So that being said, I don't really feel scared anymore.  I'm not venturing into man zone anytime soon but at least I know I can do it and will now add a circuit of weights into my routine.  Funny... I guess in the end,  I'm glad I was late for combat... If I had done the whole class I would have been way to tired to venture towards the weights!~  huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment