Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 12 and 13- It's not a faillure if you forgive yourself!

 I could try really really hard to remember what I ate over the last 2 days. But come on it's Sunday night and I just did 2 hot yoga classes!  It was mostly cooler 1 (except for the bowl of popcorn I had with butter- I know can you believe it!!!) Me either!  I told myself only a few of the kernels that missed the butter, but OMG my hand picked up a buttered popcorn and I ate it! Let me tell you the neurosensors in my brain went ballistic!
                        <<<Beep beep!!! endorphins, brain lighting up!!! Weeeooouuu weeeooouuu!!!!!! animal fat and salt! Do not stop eating, this is the most amazing thing you have ever tasted and your life depends on it's ability to store fat in case of famine!!! SOOO EATTTTT the popcorn! >>>

So yes! I am a human being, with a brain genetically programed to "enjoy" food that really isn't good for it, but food that would stick to my hips, and provide extra "cushioning" when lean times were to arise. Which obviously doesn't happen in this culture!

I ate the popcorn! It had butter, and yup my eczema flared up!  But while doing a double yoga class today, I forgave myself this treat!  It doesn't mean I'm weak, which is what I thought, it doesn't mean I've failed cooler 1... I just means that I'm normal!  I also know that I should probably keep staying clear of animal fats and salt since I clearly have no ability to restrain myself. Better for me to just substituted something healthier!

The next treat I've found and this time it actually would fit in the clean diet (not cooler 1, but probably cooler 2) is a banana and peanut butter smoothie!  I'm not sure if it's because my palate has rebooted since laying off the sugar these past two weeks but this smoothie is heaven!!!  

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

one banana
2 or 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter
scoop of protein powder (unsweetened)
ice
unsweetened vanilla almond milk

So simple but sooo bloody delicious!  (I had one tonight after my classes) and half of one yesterday after my combat workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment