Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 7 meet Day 8! (with bonus rants)

I'm getting a little behind because I'm getting behind in everything around here.  Yesterday Mark was fixing our dishwasher so the whole kitchen/dining room area looked like a tornado hit it, I barely managed to squeeze in the fridge to get my soup out to eat.  So anyway, yesterday was in fact a lovely day!  I had my Monday morning free from school, so I went to the gym and did a body pump class (and yes as I am writing this now, a day latter) I ponder the wisdom of that decision, as I can barely lower myself down unto a chair..  actually chair is fine because I can brace along the back part... the toilet bowl... omg that is agony...  It's like squatting while someone is running daggers through my quads. ) and wow that was a tangent.  Back to awesome morning, after pump I had a massage, then home for some lunch.  Then it was off to school.  Short and sweet :) I love my Mondays! 

So here are my Monday's eats:

Breakfast
1/2 GF oats
1 scoop veg. protein powder
3 strawberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
unsweetened almond milk
water

snack:
 1.5 cups carrot ginger chick pea soup
decaf coffee
water

lunch:
1/2 cup sweet potato humus
7 stalks of celery
water

snack:
pack of seaweed paper
1/2 apple

Diner:
-serving of tempeh (about 80gs)
- 1.5 cup athletes mix
-1/4 cup of the curry sauce
served with a scoop of sweet potato humus on top
water
decaf tea (a couple of ounces of the vanilla almond milk - yes it was sweeter)



Today I had a full schedule at school, so I packed my "cooler" but I'm wondering if I didn't eat enough at school today for the amount of running around I did?  Could be.  But again NOTHING off the scale this morning (however I've been reminded my a friend that weights are great for weight loss but terrible for water retention).  And more or less to torture myself I made myself wear the jeans that "used to fit"... well that was just mean and cruel, because even by day 8, not enough changes have happened... not exactly a muffin top, but a little too tight for comfort. However I did receive complements on them??? So is it that uncomfortable jeans are the more flattering ones? Can someone please post the brand of jeans that will make my parts look amazing!  Trying to fit into 3 year old jeans is getting silly!  

Breakfast:
1/2cup GF oats
3tbsp hemp hearts
1 tbsp raw almond butter
3 strawberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
unsweetened almond milk
water
decaf coffee

I did have a few artichoke hearts (perserved in vinegar and olive oil) this morning when I was waiting for my decaf, they were imported from Italy and used in the panini sandwiches at the Longo's kitchen.  My buddy Tony is very italian and he is always getting me to taste only the best condiments used in his signature sandwiches... Last week he opened up a 12$ can of Italian sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs.... ahhhh mazing...  I've never really been into antipasto... but I can always be converted :)

snack:
sweet potato curri hummus
broccoli and tomatoes
water

Lunch:
carrot ginger chick pea soup with about 3/4 cup athletes mix (mixed in while it was hot)
water
decaf tea

snack: (when I got home from school today I was dizzy and disoriented, I kind of felt drunk and this scared me so I decided to have some fruit with my protein and also some carbs in the form of popcorn with salt - I've had blood pressure issues in the past, my BP gets too low and I need a little extra salt to stop getting so dizzy) this is new from the summer time training...
-protein smoothy: veg.protein powder, frozen raspberries, ice, wheat grass, coconut water and a scoop of almond butter
-1/2 cup of air pop popcorn with about 1-2 tbsp of melted "Earth Balance" a vegan butter alternative

I did feel much better so I went to the gym for a combat class. drank lots of water again.

Diner:

BBQed Salmon with sun dried tomatoes
some broccoli and orange pepper
water
lots of decaf tea in the evening

Last rant for the day! 

I know I'm not adhering to the cooler plan as strictly as I used to in the past, but I also can't believe how slow the weight loss is that this point.  I am only down 1 pound!!!  I still am literally 5 lbs away from pre-baby.  Truly you see what I eat... what else should I do? more exercise? weights? This is really hard!  I want to quit because I'm not seeing any changes in the numbers, and I guess I'm not sick anymore so that's a plus, but I just want to lose those last few... For goodness sake at the rate I'm going I'll have to keep doing this for another 3 weeks!!!  ugh or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment