Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cooler 1 preperation

Today I've been getting ready for the big start of my cooler 1 challenge.  I've created some meals that will make my mouth and stomach happy for the next couple of days.  Cooler 1 is going to be tough and I know it so I want to be ready when I'm hungry!  Here's some of the pictures of what I've done!

Salad dressing, using a tiny bit of sweet potato (about the size shown), water, some balsamic vinegar, and for spices I used a mild curry and a dash of ginger.  Blended in the bullet.

Soup:  I used a container of no salt added broth, 1 and half sweet potatoes, 2 handful of cherry tomatoes, and 2 handfuls of celery and 1 pressed handful of spinach.  I added more water and some spices, garlic powder, parsley and mild curry after it had boiled.  (I guess about 25 minutes)

I used a hand blended and mixed it all up, then added a cubed chicken breast (baked earlier today) to each jar.

Then just before closing it up I added some chopped kale (I scrunched I tight handful, chopped it up and diveded it among the 3 jars).  So each soup contains, 1/2 a sweet potato, 1 serving of protein, and 1 serving of veggies (2 handfuls).  



Protein smoothy- within the limits of cooler plan 1.  I froze apple slices the other day so these were ready.  This smoothy has 4 slices of apple (is exactly 1/2 an apple), 1 scoop of protein powder (no sugar added), some ice, about 1/4 cup of frozen spinach (the kind that you buy already frozen) and a little squirt of lemon. 


eggs. boiled alot of them! so that come morning I don't have to spend 10 minutes waiting for them to finish cooking.  My C1 breakfast will have 4 egg whites (1 yoke). 

No comments:

Post a Comment