Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cheers to Pain, New Goals and Groups!!!

Well to start off I have to say I have truly the most supportive husband!  He takes care of the kids so that I can go to the gym and get my burn on.  Which today was 1463 calories :D  (Ok I partly cheated, I left my hr monitor on for an hour after my workout and got 188 calories burn while sitting at Starbucks drinking tea with my super awesome pal Sherry!!!  I do know that I don't actually burn that many calories sitting around, can you imagine that is about 4500 calories that I would burn in a day!!!!  But my guess is a little over half that, which is what I had guestimated for myself yesterday.  Ok sorry about the math.  Getting back to the point. 

Ouch!!!!  Cheers to pain:  today I did a yoga class, a body pump class (resistance training/endurance weights) and combat...  Need I say more!  Ouch, from lactic acid during the classes and now from damaged and broken down muscle fibers.   As a side note: it is super duper vital to drink tons of water to help flush out the biproducts of lactic acid (toxic waste), plus it helps in speeding up the recovery process.  I also need to make sure I'm getting enough protein, which is the building blocks (amino acids) for muscle repair/reconstruction.  But as a bonus, muscle fiber that breaks down and is rebuilt, is actually built stronger/more efficient at burning fat when I'm not exercising (so when I'm sitting here typing on my netbook, my base metabolic rate has gone up because of the new muscle fibers that have been created)

Cheers to new Goals: today while chatting with Sherry at Starbucks I decide I was going to kick start my metabolism (and lose some serious weight), I was going to eat Tosca Reno's cooler plan 1 for 14 days!!! 

And so Cheers to Groups: I created a group on fb for this goal of mine, the group is open to anyone who wants to join , it's called Tosca Reno's Eat clean plan 2012.  Please add yourself or ask me to add you!  I am doing this to help myself be accountable.  I know I need support but I can also provide support for anyone who wants to participate.  It doesn't hurt that it's a new year and everyone is ready for some serious changes around this time of year.  So that about sums it up! 

Now I'm going to drink more water and go to bed! 

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed that you do so many classes in a row. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete