These really are that good!!!! Ok so let me tell you, no dairy, no gluten, no nuts (unless you count coconut as a nut??? I'm not sure) and very very little sugar! I used a slightly sweetened protein powder. (veg based with stevia_ again not my favorite sweetener... but we gotta make sacrifices sometimes). I can't wait for you to read the ingredient list... these are SO HEALTHY!!!! and you can send them to school with your little ones. (unless coconut is against the rules???) Anyways I made this up and I baked the recipe two days in a row because my kids loved them so much! So this recipe is tested and works.
1/4 c. coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. veg based protein powder (slightly sweetened) - or what ever you have as protein powder
1/2 c. arrowroot flour
1/4 c. tapioca starch
1/4 c. flax seeds
1/4 c. ground flax meal
2 tbsp water
a few chocolate chips
1) preheat oven to 350F
2) grind seeds (pumpkin and sunflower) to make a powder texture
3) melt coconut oil, add maple syrup and vanilla (mix well)
4) add all dry ingredients to this wet mixture (including the seed powder)
5) add the water at the end to help combine mixture and get a crumbly texture that forms a ball.
6) make into 1" balls and flatten out, add a chocolate chip (if you want)
7) bake for 15 minutes
|coconut oil comes in a solid form, melt it slowly to create a liquid|
|Looks crumbly but forms a ball... and tastes SOOO GOOD RAW!!!|
How amazing is it that these are PACKED with omega's, protein, fibre and low in sugar! WOOHOO... you can feel good about munching on these at your 3pm snack!