Saturday, November 26, 2011

Because having a baby isn't enough...

You would think, having a baby, dealing with sleep issues, evil engorgement, cranky 5 year old, and a two year old is enough....  well I'm here to tell you NOPE!  Not enough, last night I spiked a fever... I've been to the Dr's and it's confirmed I now have mastitis...  bloody hell!  However it's one of those things that knock you on your behind but you have to get right back up.

My kids have been bugging me to make rice crispies with the Christmas coloured ones so today I finally threw in the towel and used real marshmallows to make them...but alas they aren't your typical rice crispy squares... I've beefed them up a bit!  
 I used coconut oil rather than butter, I added chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, dried fruits and shredded coconut.  My motto is, you've got yourself a blank slate with this recipe (or any rice crispy recipe) why wouldn't you add to it!  Well it also helps that my kids think chia seeds are like sprinkles :D

No comments:

Post a Comment