Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A mid week training rant.

I had this great plan to blog about how I'm learning to run and how cool it is.  But it's 10pm on Tuesday night, I just finished nursing the baby and cleaning the kitchen after doing my tri-training.  Tonight we did a 15K bike followed by a 5K run (option to do half that distance).  This morning I did a yoga class and last night I ran on the track, timing my splits.  Well actually Mark was timing my splits for a 5K while the kids either ran around the track themselves or played on the near by park.  So that was a very long winded reason why I'm not going to blog about running.  I am dead on my feet, my eye lids are randomly dropping even as I type this.  This Sunday I am running my first race of the season, the Canada Day 5K!  I don't think I'll be doing much more running till then, not sure if that's the right training thing to do, but I will call it a "taper".  I'll swim tomorrow and do yoga on Thursday!  Rest Friday and then bike/easy run on Saturday morning.  That is the plan!  Wish me luck.

  ps. tonight for my pre-workout snack I made a smoothy with protein powder, oatmeal, coconut flour, frozen berries and soy milk!  It was perfect, not to heavy but definitely fueled the workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment