Saturday, April 7, 2012

Healthy Easter Treats (crispy rice bunnies)

 Come on they are sooo cute! and they don't have stupid marshmallows! Have you seen the Lorax? The part where the kid is throwing marshmallows out to all the animals and it completely "tranquilizes them", it's like he's feeding them drugs.  Well that's how I saw it and that's what I personally think about sugar (the refined stuff mostly) some sugar is ok, in small quantities and in it's pure form. (like maple syrup, coconut sap or honey). Right"o" back to the Bunnies...

Ingredients;
1/4 c agave
1/4 c maple syrup
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 c rice crisps
1 c of mixed seeds (I used sesame, pumpkin and sunflower)
dried currants/raisins and apricots (I like the organic ones because they don't contain sulphates)


Add agave, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in pot and bring to a boil and let simmer for 5minutes.


Add dry ingredients (just not the dried fruit), mix well. (you will notice it takes a few minutes for the mixture to "get sticky" but it will as it cools.

I used some oil and rubbed it into the muffin tin and pressed the mixture into these. (I also made little balls, which I then cut in half to made the noses)


 Once the rice mixture starts to cool it becomes easier to press and mold.  I also used a sharp knife to cut the apricots in half then made the ears and the wickers.   Enjoy and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Valerie Gagnon (Claudes wife)April 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

    Why? Please I'm trying to understand.

    ReplyDelete