Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 2: The source of all abundance

Today was such a busy day, full day of teaching, more work in my new portable (setting it up), writting out 3 unit tests and study notes... and the list goes on.  After school I was so happy to be able to sneak out to do a 1 hour hot yoga class at PYC.  I kept trying to remind myself that abundance is everywhere, joy, love... Basically people have so much to give I just need to be open to it.  Especially kids... I feel bad because I didn't get to see my kids very much today because after yoga I had to run back out to do the baptism prep course at the church.  I tucked them in and had a short cuddle with each. 

But thinking about something this powerful, is hard. I mean thinking about anything other than "what has to happen next" is hard.  I find myself spinning my wheel most of the time, trying to get things done, thinking about what has to be done next, what I've already done - was it good enough, what can I do better next time... Sheesh... Rarely do I stop and just be present and mindful of the fact that the world will just continue on whether I finish the task or not.  The task will still get done, but I can at least be more aware that positive energy is around me...

I think that is what today's message what basically about... The infinite source of abundance is everywhere, it is the energy, the higher power, everything is made from the same "stuff".... I just need to tap into it to receive it.  Like having a big fat "smell the roses" moment... But more often and to open up the passageway to receiving the abundance that I want.   He asked us today to think of what we want more of in our life... I think I want more joy.... I did briefly think of money... but nope I just want to have more moments of joy. I want to feel happy, and experience it as often as possible.  I get so caught up in my own spinning wheels and drama that I forget how much "awesomeness" is in my life.  My kids, my family, my friends, my yoga community, and me.  (ok that last one was a conscious effort to acknowledge that I'm not so bad myself).  I don't do that very well or very often.  I'm sure having post partum depression has not helped this fact either.  If you know me very very well you know that I harbour a deep secret.  Well here it is, I have little to no self esteem.  So perhaps I should try to tap into that.  His quote " Abundance, like everything else in the universe, is simply a specific arrangement of energy and information. With our intention, we can change the energy, add new information, and manifest whatever we want, need, or desire. Abundance is unlimited, unbounded, and always available." - Deepak

No comments:

Post a Comment