Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sometimes all I want is cookie dough!

And so I make it and eat it..


With these 6 ingredients. 

1 cup soaked dates
1 cup of natural peanut butter
a can of chick peas
a cup of oats (more if you need to thicken it up)
a couple of tbsp of chia seeds (for nutrients and to lower the GI of this treat)
a dash of cinnnamon
and a few drops of water if your food processor can't cope with the above 3 ingredients.

Process... and process... and process....

 And then eat!  Nom nom nom... and of course you can always bake them into cookies if you can part with the dough.

Bake at 350F for aprox 18 minutes or until bottoms are golden and tops are getting crispy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys a good batch of cookie dough from time to stressful time.  I can't say I'm exactly stressed but my life is certainly different.  I'm a working mom, my handy fix it husband keeps taking on projects in our house (because now he is the stay at home parent) BUT... the casualties of his "handyness" is a persitant messy house.  I'm also struggling with getting to the gym as much.  When I was home with the kids full time it was easy to run out the door when Mark got home to workout, but now I'm suffering from  severe mommy guilt when I leave the house in the evenings.  And I have never been a morning person, but that is nothing but a big fat excuse and I will have to start working out in the AM before school.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment