Friday, March 1, 2013

Oh Friday!

My alarm was set to wake me up this morning at 6:30, and in fact the baby beat it.  Today is Mark's birthday.  I was planning on going to the gym to do my shoulder workout.  But I skipped it, in lieu of getting Mark and the kids waffles for breakfast :)  Ok ok, I may not have in fact really wanted to go to the gym this morning.  My hips have been screaming at me and from what I understand from the training POV is that you don't want to over-train.  So I blew off the gym and spent the morning "shhushing" the kids and bundling them up to get them out of the house so Mark could sleep in and wake up to waffles in bed.  It actually worked out. :)  I should probably invest in a waffle iron and some white flour... but nope, no white flour and no white sugar in the house.  So it makes those special occasions when the kids get to have the stuff so much better.  Williams makes waffles for take out. It's been a bit of a tradition in our house, waffles on birthdays.  As much as I know gluten makes me sick, the smell was so amazing in the van on the way home.  I actually considered the stomach ache just to have a bite.  But no, I had my protein smoothy and GF bun with peanut butter and blueberries.  

I have to say though as a side note, I have been eating nearly 40 % more food.  At least 6 meals(and some snacks) a day.  I understand training makes you hungry but if I'm not careful I'm going to be "hauling" more of me around.  How do I find the balance?? Training, eating, recovering??? What is the secret? 

1 comment: