Saturday, August 6, 2011

Better with Friends

The best meal is one you don't have to cook or clean up, and even better when shared with family and friends.  Tonight was perfect.  I raided my freezer, fridge and made a stop a the grocery store, packed the kids in the van and headed to a good friends house.  It was great to get out of my home with the kids.  Mark was working a long shift, second of three before our camping trip.  So it was just me and the kids. 

We got to my friends house and my kids met the newest addition to their family, a 4 month old puppy of unknown breed (who cares right? he's cute). I handed over the bag of food and let me tell you, did I ever enjoy myself.  Adam cooked, Jen prepared, the kids played.  Then we sat down and had a lovely meal, all the kids actually sitting in chairs (for the whole meal), that in itself is amazing, considering two of them are only still 2 years old.  Let me add this up for you, 5 kids, 3 adults, 1 dog, 10 hamburgers, a giant salad, 8 cobs of corn, 2 jugs of water and a chocolate ice cream cake....  =  FUN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment